Springfield Township


What kind of fire extinguisher should I purchase for my home and where should it be located?
Residential fire extinguishers should be of the multi-purpose variety labeled "ABC" and capable of being used on all types of fires.  It should be large enough to extinguish a small fire but not so heavy that it cannot be easily handled.  Install the fire extinguisher close to an exit.  
It is recommended that you use a fire extinguisher only when a fire is confined to a small area and everyone is out of the dwelling.
Should I have a carbon monoxide detector in my home?
Carbon monoxide is an invisible, odorless, and colorless gas that can poison humans and animals over short and extended periods of time.  It is recommended that all dwellings be equipped with a carbon monoxide alarm located outside of the sleeping area and on every floor level.
How often should I replace my smoke detectors?
It is recommended that smoke detectors be replaced every ten years.  Batteries should be replaced every six months.
The fire company recently responded to my home and I would like to make a donation to them.  How can I do so?
Fire and rescue services in Springfield Township are provided by three volunteer fire companies.

Flourtown Fire Company
1526 Bethlehem Pike, PO Box 65
Flourtown, PA 19031

Oreland Volunteer Fire Company
1500 Bruce Road
Oreland, PA 19075

Wyndmoor Hose Company
1034 East Willow Grove Avenue
Wyndmoor, PA 19038

The Springfield Ambulance Association is the designated emergency medical services provider for Springfield Township. The Ambulance Association's mailing address is listed below:

Springfield Ambulance Association
PO Box 142
Flourtown, PA 19031
Google Map Directions
Contact Us

Mailing Address:

Springfield Township
1510 Paper Mill Road
Wyndmoor, PA 19038

215-836-7600 (Telephone)
215-836-7180 (Fax)

©2019 Springfield Township.
All Rights Reserved.
Responsive Website by inCommand Technologies