Shade Tree Commission
The Shade Tree Commission promotes the beautification of public spaces by designing landscape plans for municipal facilities, and encourages good planting and landscaping of private spaces through the review of landscaping plans.
The Springfield Township Shade Tree Commission meets on the fourth Thursday of every month at 7 p.m. at the Township Building.
Jeffrey T. Harbison, Commissioner Liaison
Michael Taylor, Staff Liaison
Exceptional Trees of Springfield Township
Do you have an "exceptional tree" located on your property? Exceptional trees are those that are either significant as a single tree or as a grouping of trees, and are unique because of their historical, ecological or aesthetic value. If you know of an exceptional tree that is located in Springfield Township, the Shade Tree Commission invites you to report the location, variety, size and estimated age of the tree via the Contact Form so that we can include it on a map of Exceptional Trees of Springfield Township [Google Map].
Helpful Information about Trees
- How To Hire An Arborist [pdf]
- Tree Resource Guide for Pennsylvania residents
- Not sure what tree to plant at your home or business? Visit the Arbor Day Foundation Tree Wizard
- Trees help manage stormwater runoff! Click here to see how trees can help flooding in your neighborhood and help make Springfield Township a healthy and vibrant place to live.
- Plant One Million Trees is a regional partnership with the goal of planting one million trees throughout 13 counties in southeastern Pennsylvania, New Jersey and Delaware. Learn how you can help their efforts by planting a new tree on your property.
- PhillyTreeMap is a web-based map showing the location of trees in the greater Philadelphia region. Please visit and add your trees to their data base.