June 14 through August 15
Check out our video about summer reading!
Track your reading to earn prizes! For every 10 days you read, you receive an activity packet. For every 25 days you read (up to 50), you earn a free book. If you read at least 50 days, you'll be eligible for raffle prizes and automatically be entered in a drawing to win a Kindle Fire.
You can track your reading online with Beanstack or visit the library and ask us for a paper log. Programs are available for babies and toddlers (Read to Me) and children from pre-school through entering 5th grade (Kids Club).
Wednesday, August 4, 4 to 5:30 PM
Suggested for ages 7 and up, MASKS REQUIRED for all attendees
The MINI Museum of Philadelphia will be offering an art-making station where participants can create a miniature artwork that will be added to the museum's collection. All pieces in the collection are eligible for exhibit in future shows and on social media.
Drop in anytime between 4 and 5:30 PM on Wednesday, August 4 to create your work of art!
This is an indoor event, so MASKS ARE REQUIRED for all participants, including adult caregivers.
Mondays at 10:30 AM, June 21 and 28, July 12 to August 2
- Classes will be held on Mondays, June 21 and 28, and July 12 to August 2, at 10:30 AM.
- Suggested for ages 2 to 5 with a caregiver.
- Registration is required. You may sign up for as many classes as you are able. You must register for each date separately.
- Sign up as a family group, not for each individual child.
- Space is limited to 20 families per class.
- Masks are OPTIONAL. You are welcome to wear masks if you choose.
- Physical distancing is REQUIRED. Please stay at least 6 feet away from those not in your family group or pod.
- Bring your own blanket, towels, or mats to use for seating on the grass.
In the case of inclement weather, we will switch to a virtual class. We will make a decision by 9:15 AM on the day of the event and send an email confirming the switch and providing the Zoom link.
We have limited space in each class and many interested families. For this reason, we ask that you only register for class if you are reasonably sure you will be able to attend. We know life with little ones is unpredictable at best, but please do let us know as soon as possible if you have registered, planned to attend, but are unexpectedly unable to make it after all. Please email Miss Amy at firstname.lastname@example.org if you need to cancel so she can open a spot for someone else. Thank you!
Monday, August 2, 10:30 AM