Dear Parents and Guardians,
As each day brings new information, the Springfield Township Parks and Recreation Department is working diligently to make an informed decision regarding programming. At this time, we are working to determine the most effective way to safely host programs for our community. We follow direction from federal, state and county officials.
Thank you for your cooperation during this unprecedented time!
Springfield Township Parks and Recreation
* updated February 16, 2021 *
No News is Good News.
When you register for any of our recreation programs, do not wait by the phone or camp out at your mailbox. You will hear from us if:
- The class is full.
- The class is canceled.
- There is a change in time and/or day
- There is a change in the program location.
If it’s almost time for your class to begin and you have not heard from our staff, that is good news! It means the program will run as detailed on RecDesk.
You Snooze, You Lose.
Nothing cancels a good program quicker than waiting until the last minute to register. If there are not enough registrations by the specified deadline, the program could be canceled! For the status of a program or details about the possibility of a cancelation, call 215-836-7600.
Counselor In Training (C.I.T.) - 2022 Summer Program
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
In designing a Counselor In Training program, it is our objective to develop the following traits in each trainee:
- A well-rounded, sensitive and mature young person
- An understanding of people, particularly of children and self through:
- Training and program experience
- A group experience with peers
- Group discussions and activities with camp staff
- Respect and acceptance for all people and children, with appreciation of diversity
- The ability to have fun while learning and teaching
- Submit completed Program Application.
- Submit one (1) letter of recommendation from a teacher or non-family reference.
- Interview with Program Coordinator and/or Camp Director
- Become certified in first Aid & CPR (upon acceptance into the C.I.T program).
- Attend orientation (upon acceptance into the C.I.T program).
For more information, please click the application link below:
Inter-County Basketball Association (ICBA) - Travel Basketball:
- Mandatory Tryout Date: Tuesday, October 5, 2021 (times assignments will be emailed)
- League Dates: Friday, December 17 – Thursday, December 23, holiday break, resume Monday, January 3 – February 20. Playoffs through March 20
- Ages 8 - 13 (age as of Aug 1)
- Location: Various Springfield School District Gymnasiums
- Fee: $185 Resident Only
- Registration Deadline: Sunday, September 26 at 11:59 pm – No Exceptions
- All players must try out. Players must pre-register, no walk-in players will be admitted. This is a competitive league with 10 player rosters.
This is a competitive league. Tryouts are required to participate. Not all those who attend tryouts will make the team. ** Schedule will vary based on time and location. If you are interested in coaching, you must contact Parks & Rec. Each team is required to have a Head Coach AND an Assistant Coach.
For more information, please click the link below:
Winter Recreation Basketball League:
- Team Placement Dates: Saturday, December 4
- Practice Dates: Saturday, December 11 & 18
- Game Dates: Saturday, January 8, 15, 22, 29 & February 5 (Snow Date: Feb. 26)
- Saturday, December 4, 2021
- Saturday, December 11, 2021
- Saturday, December 18, 2021
- Saturday, December 25, 2021(holiday – no game)
- Saturday, January 1, 2022 (holiday – no game)
- Saturday, January 8, 2022
- Saturday, January 15, 2022
- Saturday, January 22, 2022
- Saturday, January 29, 2022
- Saturday, February 5, 2022 (possible school event)
- Saturday, February 12, 2022 (possible school event)
- Saturday, February 19, 2022 (possible last game, pending school schedule)
- Saturday, February 26, 2022 (Snow Date)
- Boys and Girls Grades 1st through 8th
- Times Vary: 8:00 am – 5:00 pm
- Location: Springfield Township Middle School Gym
- Fee: $85 Resident / $95 Non-Resident
- Registration Deadline: November 22 at 9:00 am
This season, Springfield Township Parks and Recreation is partnering with Big Game Hoops for the 2021-2022 Recreation Basketball League. This program is for players looking for a fun, skill-building experience. No cuts are made during this program. Each Saturday, players will have one hour for practice and games. The league will feature eight weeks of basketball, the first week will be team placements, the following two meeting dates will be practice. The remaining six meeting dates will be games. During registration, an opportunity to make a friend or coach request will be available. Requests are limited to one per person. Requests will only be honored if the person requested reciprocates the same request. Volunteer Parent Coaches are needed for this program.
Volunteer Parent Coaches are needed for this program. If you are planning on coaching for a Springfield Township Parks and Recreation program, the following clearances will be required:
- PA Child Abuse Clearance: www.compass.state.pa.us/CWIS
- PA State Criminal History Clearance: www.epatch.state.pa.us
For more information, please click the link below: