Dear Parents and Guardians,
As each day brings new information, the Springfield Township Parks and Recreation Department is working diligently to make an informed decision regarding programming. At this time, we are working to determine the most effective way to safely host programs for our community. We follow direction from federal, state and county officials.
Thank you for your cooperation during this unprecedented time!
Springfield Township Parks and Recreation
* updated February 16, 2021 *
No News is Good News.
When you register for any of our recreation programs, do not wait by the phone or camp out at your mailbox. You will hear from us if:
- The class is full.
- The class is canceled.
- There is a change in time and/or day
- There is a change in the program location.
If it’s almost time for your class to begin and you have not heard from our staff, that is good news! It means the program will run as detailed on RecDesk.
You Snooze, You Lose.
Nothing cancels a good program quicker than waiting until the last minute to register. If there are not enough registrations by the specified deadline, the program could be canceled! For the status of a program or details about the possibility of a cancelation, call 215-836-7600.
Inter-County Basketball Association (ICBA) - Travel Basketball:
- Mandatory Tryout Date: Tuesday, October 5, 2021 (times assignments will be emailed)
- League Dates: Friday, December 17 – Thursday, December 23, holiday break, resume Monday, January 3 – February 20. Playoffs through March 20
- Ages 8 - 13 (age as of Aug 1)
- Location: Various Springfield School District Gymnasiums
- Fee: $185 Resident Only
- Registration Deadline: Sunday, September 26 at 11:59 pm – No Exceptions
- All players must try out. Players must pre-register, no walk-in players will be admitted. This is a competitive league with 10 player rosters.
This is a competitive league. Tryouts are required to participate. Not all those who attend tryouts will make the team. ** Schedule will vary based on time and location. If you are interested in coaching, you must contact Parks & Rec. Each team is required to have a Head Coach AND an Assistant Coach.
For more information, please click the link below: