Parks & Recreation/Open Space Plans
Springfield Twp Park and Rec Plan
Provides an analysis of the condition and operation of Township park and recreation resources. The Plan also crafts a vision for transforming Springfield's parks and recreation system into one that protects the township’s natural and scenic resources and serves citizens of all ages and interests. Prepared in 2008.
Springfield Twp Open Space Plan
Serves as a guide to the Township in acquiring new open space, forging connections through existing open space via an enhanced trail network, and developing programs and policies to preserve and maintain active and passive open space in the Township. Prepared in 2005.
- Springfield Twp Park and Rec Plan
Springfield Township Comprehensive Plan
2012 Comprehensive Plan Update A Vision For 2025
A Comprehensive Plan provides an overall vision for the community and serves as a guide for township leaders as they make land use policy decisions. It provides a framework for the zoning, subdivision and land development ordinances, planning for capital improvements, and redevelopment.
- 2012 Comp Plan Ch1 - Introduction
- 2012 Comp Plan Ch2 - Community Goals & Objectives
- 2012 Comp Plan Ch3 - Township Demographics
- 2012 Comp Plan Ch4 - Land Use
- 2012 Comp Plan Ch5 - Natural Resources
- 2012 Comp Plan Ch6 - Historic and Cultural Resources
- 2012 Comp Plan Ch7 - Housing
- 2012 Comp Plan Ch8 - Community Facilities
- 2012 Comp Plan Ch9 - Economic Assets
- 2012 Comp Plan Ch10 - Transportation
- 2012 Comp Plan Ch11 - Compatibility with Other Plans
- 2012 Comp Plan Ch12 - Recommendations and Implementation
- 2012 Springfield ETCI Appendix
- 2012 Comprehensive Plan Update A Vision For 2025
Vision and Streetscape Plans
Bethlehem Pike Streetscape Master Plan
Provides a general blue print and reference guide for future public and private improvements along Bethlehem Pike. Prepared October 2008.
Flourtown-Erdenheim Vision Plan
Identifies strategies for enhancing the Bethlehem Pike corridor in Flourtown and Erdenheim. Adopted as an amendment to the Township's Comprehensive Plan October 11, 2006.
- Bethlehem Pike Streetscape Master Plan
Bethlehem & Gordon Report With Attachments 20200414
An engineering study to determine the need for the installation of a traffic signal at the intersection of Bethlehem Pike (SR 2018) and Gordon Lane and the subsequent impact of the installation of a traffic signal on the project intersection and the surrounding roadway network.
- Bethlehem & Gordon Report With Attachments 20200414
American Rescue Plan Act (ARPA)Provides the Springfield Township Board of Commissioners with a living document to guide the expenditure of the Township's $2.08 Million in American Rescue Plan Act (ARPA) funds.
DRAFT Trail Network Plan
- 2023 10 11 Springfield BOC Trails Presentation
- Springfield Trails And Connectivity Plan Draft 2023
- Public Meeting Trails Presentation Mar 2023
- What Is A Neighborhood Greenway
- Examples Of Treatment Of Trails Near Residential Properties Revised
- Springfield Level Of Stress For Bicycling 48X36 Portrait
- Springfield Sidewalks 48X36 Portrait
- Springfield Trail Access 48X36 Portrait