Adulthood brings independence, but also a lot of questions. How do I open a banking account? What can I cook in a microwave? How do I get that stain out? How do I take care of my car? And much more! We will cover topics like these in our Adulting 101 for Teens program. Each month from September through May, there will be an Adulting 101 session on a different topic. Check the Teens Events and Classes page on our website each month for the schedule and details about the next upcoming session.
Topics covered will include:
- Personal banking and credit vs. debit - Wed., Sept. 22 at 6:30 PM
- Recipes, kitchen safety, and nutrition
- Resumes, cover letters, and interviews
- Cleaning hacks and laundry tips
- Seeking medical care and first aid information
- Cyber security and online privacy
- Car maintenance and road safety
- Budgeting, spending, and saving
- Everyday etiquette and social media accountability
Each session will include some fun and games and information that will last a lifetime. Teens can also be entered into a drawing for a Kindle Fire 10 HD by participating! To qualify for the drawing, teens must attend at least 4 of the 9 sessions. They can pick up a Passport to Adulting at the first session they attend and mark off each session they complete.