Montgomery County and the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) have opened a Disaster Recovery Center (DRC) that will provide information, assistance, and help for Montgomery County residents and business owners who were affected by the remnants of Hurricane Ida.
HOURS & LOCATION
The DRC will be open six days a week until further notice at the following location:
Montgomery County Community College
Health Sciences Center – Educational Gymnasium
340 DeKalb Pike, Blue Bell, PA 19422
Monday through Friday: 10 a.m. to 7 p.m.
Saturday: 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.
The DRC will be closed on Sundays
To download a campus map, click here. Parking is free on site and SEPTA bus routes 96 and 94 both service this location. Masks are required for entry into the DRC.
Recovery specialists from FEMA and the U.S. Small Business Administration will be available to assist homeowners, renters, and business owners in applying for federal aid. In addition, they will be able to answer questions and provide information on the types of federal help available.
Before applying for disaster assistance, applicants should take photos to document damaged property, make a list of damaged or lost items, and compile the following information:
- Social Security number;
- address of the damaged primary residence;
- insurance coverage information;
- current telephone number and mailing address; and
- bank account and routing numbers for direct deposit of funds.
Residents and business owners with insurance must file a claim with their insurance company prior to applying for federal aid. Then, apply for disaster assistance using one of the below methods:
- In-person at the Disaster Recovery Center (DRC)
- Online at disasterassistance.gov (Spanish: www.disasterassistance.gov/es)
- Over the phone at 1-800-621-3362. Multilingual operators are available. Persons who are deaf, hard of hearing, or have a speech disability and use a TTY may call 1-800-462-7585. If you use 711 or VRS (Video Relay Service) or require accommodations while visiting the DRC, call 1-800-621-3362. The toll-free numbers are open daily from 7 a.m. to 10 p.m. EST.
- Via the FEMA mobile app (also in Spanish), wherever you get your mobile applications.
DEADLINE & MORE INFO
The registration deadline for federal assistance is November 10, 2021. Visiting the DRC is not required in order to apply. Impacted Montgomery County residents should visit www.montcopa.org/Ida to access available resources and current recovery information.